Saturday, April 10, 2010

Forgotten Again

I've discovered through the beauty of the Internet that you've chosen your destiny; I've already pleaded with you, begged you, loved you enough to make it not so. However, despite my efforts, you've deliberately hurled yourself down the path of empty anger and hatred of others for the sake of non-conformity; I only wish I could have saved you.

Now in my absence, you are no doubt having your head filled with untruths and hurtful accusations about me. These will burn the light in your eyes completely out, until you have become as soulless as the people you surround yourself with, passing judgement upon others as if you were the high court of morality and dignity.

I will fade into the distance. I am slowly getting used to this feeling, as I am typically the one person that nobody can forget until I am gone forever. Then I become not even a footnote, despite how important I was at the time. I am a chapter in so many books that all read the same, that I may as well be a nameless character in all books going forward so as not to incite the accusations of plagiarism.

I wish I wouldn't be forgotten so easily, but it seems to be my destiny. One day, I'm sure someone will remember me for something different than what everyone else does. When that day arrives, I may be long removed from the stories that currently surround me, but I will remember. Call it vengeance, call it bitterness, but I will remember.

I'll always remember you fondly, no matter how much I know about who you truly are. You are not a footnote, but a turning point; and regardless of what I hear and what I discover on my own, I'll know that you were once a loving, loyal person. And that you loved me with all that you had. You can't fake that, and I was glad to have known you. I hope you find happiness.

Although I have been forgotten and tossed aside like a remnant, I will remember you forever, love. Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment