Sunday, March 21, 2010

Selfish Realization

I've just figured it out. All of you who have clamored to show me affection, to tell me I'm the one, I get it now. Charming, attractive, funny, blah, blah, blah, etc.

Cancer.

That's what I really am, and you all know it. That's why the idea of being with me is so grand, but the actuality of it is too complicated to trespass into those waters. I wish things were different, but nobody will ever take me seriously.

Even you.

So keep pulling me in your different directions, keep showing me that love exists somewhere for me, but don't ever let me have it. Apparently I don't deserve it.

I'm far too intelligent to let this happen so often; but it does, regardless of my insistence to the contrary. I don't want to go through life so heartbroken all the time, but maybe it is my destiny. Maybe I only get happiness in bits and pieces; it is up to me to patch it all together like a quilt so I can view it later for reflection.

If that's the case, keep it.

No comments:

Post a Comment