Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Alive

This is a song that is very simple but means a great deal to me. It is about my daughter Michaela, who only got to spend a moment with her Daddy before she passed. That moment lasted an instant in time, but an eternity in my eyes.

I'm on the floor with photographs, I can't see past my own collapse.
This box is empty, I am done with souvenirs of depression.

I'm so alive, my soul's a lie.

Jealous rage intoxicates, but consequence reverberates.
Inside each day I'm feeling less, I still can't say I've no regrets.

I'm so alive, my soul's a lie.

This is all hypocrisy and contradicting core beliefs.
I'm just a freak with no control of what I might do since you've gone.

I'm so alive, my soul's a lie.

I'm alive, you're not alive; you're not alive, but I'm alive.

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful, sweetie... sad, but beautiful. I adore your ability to express your feelings through your songs.

    ReplyDelete